After introducing the Postmasters Cadre in Postal Wing with due Gazette Notification on 9th September, 2010 and framing “Department of Posts, Senior Postmaster ( Group-B Gazetted ), Postmaster ( Grade – III and II Group - B non-Gazetted ) and Postmaster ( Grade – I Group – C non-Gazetted ) Recruitment Rules, 2010” vide Postal Directorate letter No.4-17/2008-SPB-II, dated 22.11.2010, now the Department vide Directorate’s letter No. 137-8/2009-SPB.II, dated 08.12.2010, has circulated the syllabus for Departmental Examination in respect of Postmaster Grade – I.
The Department Order is given below:
No: 137-8/ 2009-SBP II
Government of India
Ministry of Communications and IT
Department of Posts
Dak Bhavan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi, Dated 08 December, 2010
All Chief Postmaster General
Subject: Syllabus for Departmental Examination in respect of Post Master Grade - 1 in Postal Wing
I am directed to refer to Directorate's letter No: 13-2/ 010-PE.I, dated 03.02.2010, whereby a separate cadre of Postmasters has been constituted in he grades of Senior Postmaster, Postmaster Grade III, Postmaster Grade II and Postmaster Grade I, by carving out the posts from existing General Line posts in Postal wing.
2. Reference is also invited to Directorate's letter of even number dated 22.11.2010 forwarding therewith copy of Recruitment Rules, namely, Department of Posts, Senior Postmaster (Group B gazetted), Postmaster (Grade III and II - Non - Gazetted) and Postmaster (Grade 1 - Group C Non-Gazetted) Recruitment Rules, 2010, dated 9th September, 2010. It was stated inter-alia in the said letter that initial constitution of the various grades of Postmasters shall be done by inviting options/ applications from the existing incumbents of LSG, HSG II, HSG I in Post Offices and PS Gr 'B'. In case, after filling up the posts as per the provisions of the Recruitment Rules certain number of Posts still remain unfilled, the same would be filled up as per the provisions contained in Col. 12 of the respective Recruitment rules.
3. The Recruitment rules for the Grade of Postmaster Grade - I provides for filling up of the vacancies by promotion through Limited departmental Competitive Examination from amongst the Postal Assistants working in Post Offices with five years of regular service in the grade. Thus, the unfilled posts, after the initial constitution, if any, and regular vacancies subsequently will be filled up on the basis of Limited Departmental Competitive Examination. The pattern and scheme of Limited Departmental Competitive Examination decided by the Competent Authority to fill up the vacancies in the grade of Postmaster Grade - i is forwarded herewith as in the Annexure.
4. It is requested that the provisions of the Recruitment Rules and the Syllabus may be brought to the notice of all concerned.
Encl: As above
Assistant Director general (SPN)
1. Secretary (Posts)
2. All Members of Postal Services Board/JS & FA
3. Secretary (PSB)
4. CGM (BD)/CGM (MB)/ CGM (PLI)/ Director, Postal Staff College India, Ghaziabad
5. All DDsG
6. Pr. Director of Audit (Postal), Delhi - 54
7. Additional Director General, APS, R.K.Puram, New Delhi - 66
8. All Directors, Postal Training Centers
9. All recognized Service Unions/ Associations/ Federations.
10. Guard File
Syllabus for Departmental Competitive Examination for the post of Post Master Grade-I in Post Offices.
The examination for Postmaster Grade-I will consist of two papers of 100 questions; 90 minutes duration each. The questions will be on the pattern of objective type Multiple Choice Question (MCQ).
2. Syllabus for these two question papers is given as under:
(i) Customer Services and Grivances
(a) Post Office Guide - Part I
(b) Compendium of Processing and Disposal of Public Complaints
(c) Knowledge about DOPG, DOARPG and RTI cases
(d) Consumer Forum/ Post Forum/ Citizen Charter
(e) Central Civil Services (Classification, Control & Appeal) Rules
(f) Conduct Rules
(g) General Financial Rules
(ii) Postal Operations
(a) Postal Manual Volume V
(b) Postal Manual Volume VI (Part I, II and III)
(c) FHB Volume II
(d) POSB Manuals (Volume I, II and III) OR Compilation of POSB Manual Volume I and II written by Kanwaljit Singh, AD (FS), Department of Posts
(e) Project Arrow-Blue Book
PAPER – II.
(a) Knowledge of products and services of Department of Posts.
(b) Marketing: Principles of marketing assessment of related products and services.
(c) PLI/ RPLI, Post Office Insurance Fund Rule, outline knowledge about Insurance Schemes, Mutual Fund and other financial products and services in the market.
(d) General Awareness and Current Affairs including general mental ability test covering logical reasoning (verbal and non verbal), numerical analysis (arithmetic) and basic mathematical equations and statistical tools like mean, median, mode, graphical representation of data, comprehension and basic language skills.
(e) General principles of technology.
(f) Basic technology requirement-computer, server, laptop
(g) Connectivity of computers.
Share with the world !!